Did you know the humble dumbbell is actually a tremendous tool for building mass? Dumbbell exercises for men can give you the body you desire in a short amount of time. Grab your weight lifting gloves and add the exercises below to your current workout routine, or transition to using dumbbells instead of performing these exercises with barbells or machines.
5 Dumbbell Exercises for Men
1. Dumbbell Pull-Over: Position yourself perpendicular to a flat bench, lie face up with your upper back and shoulders on the bench. Press up slightly with your hips while keeping your knees bent and feet on the floor. Grasp a dumbbell between both hands with your arms extended over your chest. Inhale and lower the dumbbell behind your head. Keep your arms straight throughout the movement. Exhale and return to the starting position.
2. Single ArmPreacher Curl: Position a preacher curl bench to a height that allows your arm pit to rest near the top of the bench. Hold onto a dumbbell in your right hand and place your right arm on the bench with your palm facing up. Exhale and raise the weight until your forearm is vertical. Inhale and slowly release, extending your arm completely.
3. Shoulder Press: Stand or sit while holding on a dumbbell in each hand. Bend your elbows and position your hands in front of your shoulders with your palms facing forward. Extend your right arm over your head. Keep it there and then extend your left arm overhead. Slowly lower the right and then lower the left to the starting position.
4. Chest Press: Lie on a flat bench and grasp a dumbbell in each hand. Position the weights near your armpits with your palms facing toward your feet. Your elbows should be bent and lower than the bench. Exhale, straighten your arms and press up the weights while keeping them centered over your chest. Inhale, bend your elbows and lower the weights to the starting position.
5. Skull Crushers: Also known as lyingtriceps extensions, skull crushers build mass in the backs of your upper arms. Lie face up on a flat bench with your head close to the end. Straighten your arms over your chest and face your palms toward each other. Keep your lower back pressed into the bench as you bend your elbows and lower the weights next to your head. Then, straighten your arms and return to the starting position.
Wanna build mass? Head to the gym and try these dumbbell exercises for men today.